17 May Kamloops Apartment Virtual Tours are Nearly Like Being There
If you’ve ever taken an apartment virtual tour when looking for Kamloops apartments, you know that it’s the next best thing to taking a tour in person. Virtual 3D apartment tours have been around for awhile and have improved significantly over the past few years. When they were first introduced in the real estate market, virtual tours were draggable panoramic images, yet the image clarity was often poor and navigating the tour wasn’t always intuitive. Today, virtual tours use ultra high-resolution 360 degree panoramic images and have navigation that’s easy to use.
Recently, McGill Ridge Apartments had a studio virtual tour and 1 bedroom apartment virtual tour created, using the state-of-the-art Matterport 360° panoramic camera. You can view the tours in their respective tabs of our apartment floor plans page, and in the “Virtual Tour” tab our gallery. We hope to add virtual tours of our 1 bedroom plus study and 2 bedroom apartments in the future.
Benefits of Apartment Virtual Tours
360° 3D apartment tours have many benefits, not the least of which is that you can get a feel for the apartment and its amenities without taking time out of your schedule for an in-person visit.
Virtual apartment tours allow you to:
- Take a virtual “walking” tour any time from your desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
- View each room and space from a distance and up close.
- View each space from different angles.
- Take *measurements of a room or features (great for assessing whether your furnishings will fit).
*Measurement accuracy varies in all virtual tours (depending on the way a space is photographed). For Matterport tours, the measurements are a close “ballpark” and are usually accurate within 1% of real-world measurements. According to Matterport, if a room is 10 feet long, measurements can vary within 1.2 inches (3 cm) of actual.
A Tour of an Apartment Virtual Tour
Below is a Matterport 3D tour of a typical 1-bedroom apartment at McGill Ridge Apartments. You can start the tour by clicking the play button. While Matterport tours are fairly intuitive, we’ve provided a few tips for using the tour viewer interface.
A panoramic 3D apartment tour of a typical 1 bedroom suite at McGill Ridge.
Matterport Virtual Apartment Tour Tips
Here are some quick tips for navigating a 3D apartment tour using your mouse:
- Click the play button to start to tour.
- Click while dragging left or right to move left or right.
- Click while dragging up or down to move up or down.
- Click + (plus) or – (minus) to zoom in or out or use your mouse wheel.
- Use the icons on the bottom left corner of the tour viewer screen (shown below) to select dollhouse or panoramic mode, or to take measurements.
- Virtually walk through the space by clicking the circles on the floor.
- Take measurements by clicking the ruler icon at the bottom left corner of the viewer (shown above). Click the “+” sign in the white circle to start the measurement and click another location to end the measurement (shown below).
Because our virtual apartment tours open in a pop-up window, the full screen button is not displayed. You can view the full screen version of the tour by clicking the play button, then clicking the “U” key on your keyboard. The URL to the standalone tour will be displayed on the viewer. Just copy the URL and paste it into your browser’s address bar.
Rent at McGill Ridge Apartments in Kamloops
If you’re interested in renting at McGill Ridge Apartments, complete a Request Apartment Availability form, specifying your preferences. We’ll let you know what’s available and will explain the next steps in renting an apartment. We do our best to respond to inquiries within 2 business days. We can of course provide you with a tour of our facility, its amenities, and the apartment suites we have available, but in the meantime, the virtual tour provides a great head start to show what we have to offer our tenants.